Go To Search
FacebookTwitterCommunity Voice
Licensing Requirements
Contractor / Subcontractor License & Insurance Required Information
A contractor or subcontractor must complete the appropriate permit application, pay the required fee to the City of Collegedale and furnish the following information:
  • Copy of current State of Tennessee contractor license
  • Copy of Hamilton County or City of Chattanooga license (plumbing, mechanical, fuel
  • gas, electrical, etc.)
  • Copy of Worker’s Compensation and General Liability Insurance certificate
  • City of Collegedale business license (if gross sales over $3,000 annually)
  • Hamilton County business license

Workers' Compensation Authorization Exemption

On October 1, 2011 revisions in the Workers’ Compensation Exemption Registry law went into effect. The law relating to the Workers’ Compensation Exemption Registry is found in the Tennessee Code Annotated at Title 50, Chapter 6, Part 9 and is also available on the state website. The state also provides a FAQ.

City of Collegedale | 4910 Swinyar Drive, Collegedale, TN 37315-1880 | Ph: (423) 396-3135 | Fx: (423) 396-3138 | Community Contacts