2021 City of Collegedale Adopted Construction Codes Update
As a local jurisdiction in the State of Tennessee, Collegedale is required to be within 7 years of the most current published code. Because of this, our Collegedale Commission approved ordinance #1087 to transition to the 2018 International Residential Code (IRC), International Building Code (IBC), International Plumbing Code (IPC), International Mechanical Code (IMC), International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC), International Fire Code (IFC), Commercial International Energy Conservation Code (IECC), and International Property Maintenance Code (IPMC) . This change officially went into effect at 12:01am on January 1, 2021. All current projects and new permits applied for on or before January 1, 2021 will fall under the 2012 I-codes we were previously enforcing.
2021 City of Collegedale Adopted Construction Codes
Construction codes are made to establish the minimum requirements to safeguard the public health, safety, and general welfare. The City of Collegedale is presently enforcing the Collegedale Municipal Code as well as the following codes:
- Handicap and Accessibility Code. American National Standard. Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities (ICC/ANSI A117.1-2009)
- International Building Code, 2018 Edition, with appendices A, C, F, G, I, and J
- International Energy Conservation Code 2018 Edition (Commercial - Non Residential Structures)
- International Energy Conservation 2018 Edition (Residential - One and Two-Family Structures Only)
- International Fire Code, 2018 Edition, with appendices A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L & M
- International Fuel/Gas Code, 2018 Edition
- International Mechanical Code, 2018 Edition
- International Plumbing Code, 2018 Edition
- International Property Maintenance Code, 2018 Edition
- International Residential Code, 2018 Edition, with appendices A, B, C, E, H, J, and M
- National Electrical Code (NEC), 2017 Edition
For additional information or questions, please contact the Collegedale Economic Development Center at (423) 468-1967.